1. I noticed that all of the internal filters and glass are removed from the front of the sensor and you use a Hoya Clear glass to seal the unit. Are you able to use a (Baader or another brand) UV/IR glass to seal the unit instead of the Hoya clear glass if we do not have a need for full spectrum? This will also minimize the amount of glass that can diminish light transmission and possibly cause internal reflections from bright stars.
Yes, you can choose Baader UV/IR blocking filter option instead Hoya clear filter : +USD 136.00
2. Have you tested the CDS-600D on a very bright star to check for reflections when a 2″ filter is used?
We have the shots of CDS-1100D with VIXEN VISAC tube on arcturus and you can see the images. The sky condition was pretty fogy and iso400, 180sec exposure.
Baader UV/IR blocking Filter:
Hoya Clear filter:
Hoya Clear filter + Baader UV/IR blocking Filter:
Hoya Clear filter + IDAS LPS P2 Filter:
3. Does the unit come with the camera lens mount or is that an extra charge? Your website says that it is optional.
It’s extra charge and Canon EOS mount adapter is USD42.00.
4. Do you supply the cables and power adapter?
12V 5A adapter and cable included.
5. Is the power adapter an AC to DC converter similar to the one used by Canon? Or does the adapter plug into a DC plug on a portable battery?
It’s a AC(100~220V) to DC12V adapter.
6. A standard Canon AC Power Adapter outputs 2.0Amps max. I suspect that the camera no longer uses that much power since most of the features like Auto-focus and LCD screen are no longer used. The CDS-600D uses 3.6Amps max as stated on your website. How many Amps does the cooler itself use?
About 2.4~2.7 Amps needed for CDS-600D & 1100D’s TEC tooling modules including fan.
7. When placing an order, do you take a deposit or do you expect payment in full at the time the order is placed.
Full payment needed with order.
8. Do you have a few units in stock or are they made to order?
Currently standard delivery of CDS-1100D, CDS-600D is 3weeks.